Alternative Vaccine Schedules
Hilliard Pediatrics, Inc. - Dr. Tim Teller, MD
We know that you are hearing more on TV and radio and reading on the Internet and the newspaper about immunizations. This is a “hot topic” and receiving a lot of press. Please realize that a lot of the information that is presented is done so by people with some knowledge but not all the facts.
Here are the facts, based on the latest scientific research:
- The vaccines are incredibly safe.
- There is no connection between autism and vaccines.
- There is no mercury in any vaccine that we use except a tiny, not biologically-active amount in the flu shot that we use.
- Giving shots that combine multiple vaccines into single shots are very safe and does not increase the side effects.
- Giving multiple vaccines on the same day is incredibly safe.
- Delaying recommended vaccines puts your child at risk for life-threatening illnesses or death. We follow a specific schedule for vaccines because the schedule best allows us to protect your children’s health.
- When Doctor Sears states “Why not spread those vaccines out?” when referring to his Alternative Vaccine Schedule, the answer is because delaying these vaccines puts your child at risk for a life-threatening illness or death.
- We have given thousands of children vaccines and have never had a child have a long-term negative effect from a vaccine.
- We strongly encourage you to have your child receive the recommended vaccines on the recommended schedule.